Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Post-Game Notes & Reaction; Lundqvist Records Assist in Win Over Carolina

ShareThis
•Henrik Lundqvist stopped 31 shots to capture first star honors, and improve to 17-12-3 including a 6-6-2 mark at home. He is now 10-4-2 with a 1.78 goals against average, a .934 save percentage and three shutouts in his last 16 games. Lundqvist also registered an assist on the overtime, game-winning goal, and has now recorded two assists on the season (seven career). His two assists are tied for second among NHL goalies.

From Rangers Report:

Henrik Lundqvist:

On playing in a 1-1 or 0-0 game:

“The pressure’s on, but I don’t mind it. Halfway through I knew it was going to be a tight game, a low scoring game, so it’s important to stay focused. I felt like the first goal was going to be very important. I thought we had the win there when we scored the first one. But they came back and scored a goal. The important thing there is we regrouped and we don’t panic.”

On mid-season:

“I feel really good about this team and the way we work. Everybody shows up every night to work really hard. We’ve been winning a lot of tight games because of that, I think. When you work hard, you’ll get bounces and you can’t win every night, but when you work really hard, you will definitely win more than you lose, I think. It’s also fun to see everybody work that hard and blocking shots and standing up for each other. So it’s a good feeling so far.”

On the young players:

“My first year, I knew the start’s so important to stay in this league and get confidence. A lot of times when you come up, technically’s not the toughest part, it’s mentally, to know you can play this game and make good decisions. So when you come up and work hard and it pays off and you play good games, and even score goals, for a new guy it’s very important, especially for their confidence and to relax and just play their game. I know how they feel. I’ve been there myself.”


No comments:

Post a Comment