Search This Blog

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Henrik Lundqvist Makes All-Star History in Loss

ShareThis




Historical Hank

Henrik Lundqvist was unaware that he had entered the record books as the first all-star goalie to face (and stop) a penalty shot. "Wow, so I guess I'm part of history," Lundqvist said after signing the game jersey of tonight's teammate Alex Ovechkin ... who brought on the penalty shot by throwing his stick to try and waylay the breakaway of Matt Duchene.

Lundqvist hadn't seen much of the Avs' sophomore center, so he didn't have much to draw on before stopping the attempt by sliding his left leg out to block the bottom left corner of the goal mouth.

"I didn't have anything on him. I just try to do the same thing every time [on penalty shots]," Lundqvist said. "I just try to be patient and make him make the first move."



http://espn.go.com/blog/new-yorkhockey/post/_/id/2015/team-staal-falls-lundqvist-makes-history




No comments:

Post a Comment