Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Post-Game Notes and Reaction

ShareThis


•Henrik Lundqvist turned aside 35 of 36 shots to improve to 2-0-0 in pre-season action. Lundqvist has stopped 60 of 65 shots faced through two games, registering a 2.48 goals against average and a .928 save percentage over the span.


Post- game reaction from Rangers Report Blog:

Henrik Lundqvist:
On the difference between this game and the one in Detroit. (you can always count on him for an honest assessment):
“The biggest reason is that they were missing the top guys. When you watch that game (Sunday), to see their first line, they’re really scary. They’re really good. They were not playing tonight, so it’s a big difference to not play against those guys, I must say. But at the same time, we did a great job. We played really solid defensively, and then offensively we created a lot of chances.
“It’s fun to see. A lot of guys with a lot of skill on this team. Definitely more guys that can do it for us, so that’s a good feeling.”
On Stepan:
“He plays very mature and solid. Sometimes when you’re young and you come into (the league) you don’t think and you just play. You just focus on doing everything right. I know when I played my first year, you’re so focused … they always say the second year’s tougher, because you start thinking.”
“I think everybody’s feeling good about where we are right now. We’re getting close.”
On having Biron around:
“What I feel is that I have to play really well to earn my minutes. I want to play, but to have Marty behind me there, he’s a great goalie and if I don’t play well enough he’ll step in. Hopefully that competition—it’s a support, but it’s also a competition, so we’ll push each other to play better.
“I’m not going to focus on a number here, how many I should play. We’ll see in the end how many it will be. But I feel already, just knowing that he’s here and knowing I have to be on my toes to get my minutes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment