GOTHENBURG. A knee injury bothered Henrik Lundqvist, 28, during last year's season and prevented him from World Cup games.
Despite three months leave the pain has not yet been released.
- I took a syringe to cortisone in the knee a month ago, so now I hope that it will work, says Rangers star goalie
- You're miserable, so far, really unlucky, therefore, exclaims after Henrik Lundqvist NHL players' training in Frölundaborg.
He lifts the Frölunda hat and scratched his head.
Practiced in Frölundaborg
- And you are as surprised every year that is so bad. But, sadly, it is, "he says and laughs.
Along with ten other NHL players, he has over the past two weeks been training up in the body Frölundaborg. But it is thus some way from top form.
- For me personally, it is when I go over in a week that I start focusing on your training seriously. Now it's all about trying to get started and get a feeling, "said NHL star - who is hoping for a better season this year.
The past did not stop at all as he had hoped. New York Rangers missed the playoffs, and Henrik Lundqvist was forced to decline the World Cup games because of his knee injury. The pain has been in, but after the last steroid syringe, it feels pretty good, "he says.
- There have been some flaws, but it is to be hoped that it is now.
Although the knee has continued to interfere with, the "Henke" had a wonderful holiday. The first two months he spent in New York. Since then he has flange around a bit "but mostly been to Gothenburg.
Want to go over
- It's been a good summer, it just goes fast, "he said and was silent a few seconds.
- But now I'm tempted to go over again. It is good to be home, but I like it over there.
Henrik Lundqvist still calls home to Gothenburg, but says he is becoming more familiar in New York.
- I am very happy. I'm starting to build the social, there is much to be done so you can relax between matches, and it's easy for friends to come over and visit too, "he says.
As autumn begins Henrik Lundqvist his sixth season with the Rangers. So far the team has not gone beyond the second round of the playoffs during his time in the club. He makes no secret of the fact that he is in the NHL to win the titles. But he has never thought about changing club address to more easily reach them.
Do not top team
- The challenge is to try to be about winning in New York, it would be incredibly fun. I feel absolutely no craving to change clubs, "he says.
- Sure, it has been heavy in recent years and we have not gone so far in the playoffs. But we hope to be involved in the turns.
Last year, the Rangers fought to the end of the playoff spot. It will not get any difference in years, "says Henrik Lundqvist.
- I think we will lose some top teams. There will be war at the line just like last.
Rangers player evaluations — Tanner Glass
15 hours ago