Popular ABROAD, yesterday met six hot Swedes in New York Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist and the five members of The Hives. Sportbladet got an exclusive chat with the guys in gowns in the United States.
"Hockey game and rock concerts is roughly the same"
NEW YORK. Henrik Lundqvist has been with many tough and opponents.
But yesterday, he met the toughest ever home fifth grade in New York:
- There are a lot of similarities between what we do, "says the Swedish giant goalkeeper and also the Swedish rock stars.
Yes, yesterday met with Swedish superstars from two different worlds in Manhattan.
In one corner - Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers goalie blue and yellow world.
The second - The Hives, Fagersta Quintet has conquered the world with its hard-line rock 'n' roll.
Two essentially different entities may seem, but it quickly turns out that King Henry and the band has called the world's best live act has a lot in common.
Performed in the night
- It's all in either case, if a group of people who work together to achieve something, "said Henry in the NHL-arranged meeting on classic rock club Webster Hall, where the Hives appeared in the night.
- And even though hockey games and rock concerts are different, I think it works much the same on a mental level. It must be as focused and there must be the right kind of chemistry in the group.
Hives singer Howlin 'Pelle Almqvist and his "teammates" nods assent.
- We of course heats up, we view our "matches" we. We also need to find our focus.
- One difference is that alcohol may help us more than it would help you ...
"Henke" laugh out loud:
- Yes, it would probably not be as successful if I took some iron before a match.
Kick from the audience
The goalkeeper and the musicians will continue to share the thrill of meeting with the audience.
- Playing at home at the Garden when the pressure is really enough, reminds a lot about standing on a large stage, says Rangers star.
To Henrik Lundqvist is interested in music has long been known. He plays guitar and even in their own backyard band Box Play.
- Even though I suck. I'm not close to these guys, "he says with a grimace.
- But it's a fun hobby and music have always been great for me. Before the matches, it is vitally important. However, since this is perhaps a little quieter than the Hives music player ...
Something similar sporting interests are difficult to trace the boys of rock, but guitarist Nichalous Arson In all cases, good control of hockey.
- I actually play hockey bockey with veterans in Fagersta AIK in the winters, he reveals quite sensational.
And so the group will therefore from that same Fagersta hockey legends Ulf Samuelsson and Tomas Sandstrom.
- I remember when Sandstrom came home after World Championship gold in Vienna 1987th He received tributes outside the op and we kids were there to get autographs, "recalls bassist Dr. Matt Destruction.
- Sorry, I got none, but Dad made sure that it later came a signed photo from the New York Rangers, where Sandstrom course lirade then. It became my favorite club. This is why it feels really great, "he continues, and keeps up the signed shirt" Henke "has been with him for a fellow.
Lundqvist looks as happy about the Hives t-shirts he gets in return.
It is not just on the ice, or on stage, chemistry occurs.
It could be in for a meeting between two different worlds, too.