VANCOUVER. Henrik Lundqvist saved an Olympic gold for Tre Kronor in Turin in 2006.
In Germany in the 2010 Olympics, he got his first Olympic zero.
- It was important. I'll save the game puck, "said Lundqvist.
Tre Kronor praised his goalie Henrik Lundqvist.
- Henke was good. All others need to do better, "said hill Mattias Ohlund.
- I think Henke played really well today. He did his job and saved us there for five against three. He got a good start also, I think, "said striker Loui Eriksson.
- In the third period, they tried really to come back to us and he made some really good saves, "said coach Bengt-Ake Gustafsson.
In Turin, Henrik Lundqvist won five of six games he played. In the Olympic final against Finland, he stopped Olli Jokinen from doing 3-3 at the end and secured the Swedish gold.
In Vancouver Lundqvist got a nice start and passed all 21 German shots.
But in game three against five in the first period, he was using the bar when Jochen Hecht shot, and seconds later the post when Christian Ehrhoff guns blazing.
- It was a key sequence that we manage to kill it. Then we target in our power play. This may be the law, they can fight until they drop, "said Lundqvist to HockeyExpressen.se.
"Van that has been easy for themselves"
- I was a little nervous actually. Fairly high tension before the match. We are so accustomed to having their routines all the time. You play 82 games over there (in the NHL). Now come here so it's all new.
Henrik Lundqvist explains:
- It is difficult for ordinary people to understand. How we eat, how we carried, we shall through security. It is a process to get to matches. We're used to be quite easy for themselves ...
He had not at the 2-0-victory against Germany.
You Can Kiss Tortorella's Ass
58 minutes ago