Good advice. Henrik Lundqvist knows what he's talking about after five seasons in the NHL.
Henkes advice to Frölunda players in the NHL
Four frölundaiter leaving to take a place in the NHL next season.
The greatest of all former Frölunda players in the NHL by GT offers tips on what they should think about.
- You have to be there from the start of camp, it is often when it is determined whether the coach likes one or not.
"Said Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist. Henrik Lundqvist, 28, has just completed his fifth season in the NHL and now vacation home in New York.
But he still has an eye on what happens in the last club Frölunda, which of course twin brother Joel is the team captain.
- I saw that Fredrik Pettersson is here in the NHL, he was really nice to get a chance, "says Henke.
Frölunda course lose four players, the chances do you think they are beating themselves with their new clubs?
- Hard to say, I have only seen Freddan play, the goalkeeper world responds. But it does not surprise me that he just get the chance, I think he has a good chance to take a seat.
Both Fredrik Pettersson, and Mathis Olimb course is relatively short (178 and 179 centimeters), too short for the NHL?
- For some years ago but not anymore. Rule changes have altered the conditions for smaller players, they are not stopped as easily now.
- Therefore, many clubs now in the first place to have fast players, and when the size is not as important.
What should you consider when you come as a new player for an NHL club?
- The first weeks at the camp is a good starting point, and sometimes even critical, "says Henrik Lundqvist. This applies to the coach to like one from the beginning.
How do you mean by that?
- By that come well prepared, keep a low profile and realize you are starting from zero. We must also focus on his own game, not caring about what you play with and what they do.
- What we have done before is not important. The challenge is to show what you go for the first day.
- Some players are eliminated after a few days. There is nothing like in Sweden where you often get a chance to grow into the new team.
- There are lots of players who stand in line to take your place.
Are there any tricks to impress the coaches?
- No, all coaches are different. It is just about to perform.
Game 2 Recap: Penguins 4 — Rangers 3
1 minute ago