Search This Blog

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Henrik Lundqvist Welcomed Rick Nash to New York With a Toast

ShareThis



When Rick Nash arrived in Manhattan in July following completion of the trade from Columbus, he and his girlfriend were invited to Henrik Lundqvist’s apartment, where the Rangers goaltender and his wife toasted the new arrivals with champagne.

“I wouldn’t make anything special out of that, it was just that I was around, I knew he was looking for a place to live, and I just wanted to do what I could to make him as comfortable as he could be coming to a new city,” Lundqvist said. “I know I was excited that we made the trade for him, so whatever I can do as a teammate, of course I’m going to be anxious to do that.”

Lundqvist was hardly the lone Ranger to reach out to Nash. There was dinner with Brad Richards, calls from new teammates and from others inside the organization.

“As a player, it can be the little things that define an organization, and those were the things people were doing for me the first couple of days after I got here,” Nash said. “They show you that they care about you.

“You hear about it all the time, and now I see for myself that this is a first-class, world-class organization.”


http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/blueshirts_ready_to_roll_hHT7hu33zolcrocd4crFWN

No comments:

Post a Comment