Search This Blog

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Henrik Lundqvist is a Stylish New Yorker (Photos & Article)

ShareThis "Walking around here, you can dress the way you want, you can look the way you want, and nobody's judging you," the New York Rangers goalie and honoree (wearing Calvin Klein and Tiger of Sweden) told Us Weekly. "You just feel very relaxed."








Name: Henrik Lundqvist

Occupation: Goalie for the New York Rangers

Fashionably Formal: "Every time I throw a tux on, I feel good," says the Sweden-born NHL star, who defines his style as "well-dressed with an edge." "When we're on the road for games, we have to wear suits. Four times a week I'm in a suit." His go-to designers: John Varvatos, Hugo Boss and Calvin Klein.

Close Quarters: The 30-year-old athlete shares his stocked NYC closet with his wife of a year, Therese Andersson. "It's 50-50 between us, and it's like, 'Don't get into my space!' But in my defense, my clothes are bigger. My jackets are bigger so they take up more space," says the 6-foot-1 star, also a spokesperson for the Garden of Dreams foundation. And soon they'll have to make more room for togs: The couple welcomed daughter Charlise in July.

Stop and Shop: Saks Fifth Avenue and John Varvatos are his Manhattan mainstays, but most of the time Lundqvist -- who doesn't work with a stylist -- shops while on the road with the Rangers. "I get to a new city, check in at the hotel and then in the afternoon have some time before dinner so you go out shopping," he says. Favorite acquisitions? "A black Varvatos tie and Ferragamo velvet shoes."

Quote: "I look at pictures from when I was younger and don't know what I was thinking about. But I think you need time to try to find your style."


Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-style/news/most-stylish-new-yorkers-2012-henrik-lundqvist-2012129#ixzz26PPunt99





No comments:

Post a Comment