Search This Blog

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Henrik Lundqvist Will Never Dive in a Game

ShareThis



Lundqvist normally doesn't do interviews after games in which he does not play, but was certainly willing on Saturday to defend himself against Julien's comments, which were widely publicized Friday night.


"I'm not talking about him (Julien), but I thought (what he said) was kind of disrespectful," Lundqvist told the Daily News. "I took a really hard hit to the head. There are different angles where you can see the hit. I'm still sore today in the neck, head. For me, diving is not an option. It never has been and it never will be. So that's that."

Marchand's significant contact to Lundqvist's head at 7:59 of the third period was unmistakable, and Marchand's reputation as a dirty player who takes liberties cost him any benefit of the doubt long ago.

Julien had said of Lundqvist: "I know he does some acting on the side, but I don't think it needs to be on the ice." Marchand said that Lundqvist "must have gotten hit with a cement block" and "lightly gets touched and it looks like he got shot."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hockey/rangers/vigneault-rips-bruins-coach-acting-dig-lundqvist-article-1.2449215

No comments:

Post a Comment