Search This Blog

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Henrik Lundqvist On Sommar IP 1 Talk Radio Show (Includes Translations)

ShareThis






Click here to listen to the show


First sentence:
"Last week it was checked in, I breathed a sigh of relief, all four bags with a total weight of 120 kg came up with."
The last sentence:
"And above all, never underestimate the power of a nice compliment, I'm Henrik Lundqvist and hockey goalie, thank you for listening to my summer program, now have a great summer."



Here are the songs he played during the show:

"Sommar Sommar Sommar" by Sten Carlberg
"The Cave"  by Mumford & Sons
"Waiting On The World To Change" by John Mayer
"Livin' On a Prayer" Acoustic version by Bon Jovi
"Ramlar" by Hakan Hellstrom
"Breakdown" by Jack Johnson
"Who'll Stop The Rain" by John Fogerty
"My Hero" by the Foo Fighters 
"Sultans Of Swing" by Mark Knopfler
"New York New York" by Frank Sinatra 
"Empire State Of Mind" by Jay-Z and Alicia Keys 
"Thunder Road" by Bruce Springsteen


Thanks to Robin, a member of a New York Rangers Facebook group, we have some of Henrik's radio show translated. However, I would appreciate it if someone can translate the parts she left out as well.


* He feels New York is his home, and has felt that way since his third season. He likes that even though there are fanatic fans and a lot of love for the Rangers, he can still live somewhat anonymously because it's such a big city.
* His first live hockey game was watching Frölunda in Gothenburg - the team he ended up playing for. He and his twin brothers became obsessed with Frölunda after that game, and sent mail to the organization asking for autographs. They did indeed get a package back with autographs, pucks etc. On that day - they decided they wanted to play for Frölunda. Lundqvist won a couple of Swedish championships with them, and Joel (his twin brother - ex Stars player) is the current captain of Frölunda.
* He mentions some fun facts: that he ALWAYS - with no exception - warms up 1 hr and 8 minutes before the game. He has learned that by that time, McDonagh is ALWAYS stretching on a foam roller, Callahan is always leaving to kick some ball and Stepan has by that time just come back from a shower.
* He has for the last 10 years listened to the same punk rock music on game days in-between morning skate and pre-game meet-up. Even though he doesn't like it anymore.
* He always put on his left pad first.
* He mentions that he promised his wife after the car accident that he wouldn't ever buy a sports car ever again. He held that promise for six months.
* He talks about his thoughts on becoming a father and how that would affect him on the ice.
* He mentions his first visit (during his rookie year) to the apparent hot spot Bungalow 8, and how he couldn't get in because he wasn't famous enough (I guess). His friend bribed their way in (paying $60). Inside he saw Leonardo DiCaprio among others, before he got kicked out for no apparent reason (once again - not famous enough I guess). One year later he remembers the same bouncer shining up when he saw Lundqvist and, of course, let him in.
* He says NY media over-analyzes every word he says, or doesn't say.
* He mentions that he still thinks hockey is as fun as it's always been for him.
* He won't ever forget when he overheard his childhood idol, Swedish hall of famer Pekka Lindmark (goalie), saying while Lundqvist was 12 years old: "That guy. That guy can become a really good goalie."

Here's some more translated from the Swedish newspaper, Expressen:


"Went on a cold Corps"

In the narrative Lundqvist including its notorious traffic accident in 2009, which occurred when he was driving his Lamborghini on a three-lane highway in New York.
- I would slide over to the right lane, and when I'm halfway I feel how the car loses contact with the ground. I begin to slowly spin to the right. A cold corps went through the whole body. I began to realize that it would be impossible to parry, that I had no control at all. For everything went in slow motion. Then it went very quickly, says Lundqvist in the program.
Lundqvist says he went in twice in a crash barrier and then bounced against a concrete traffic island in the middle of the road.
- Suddenly, all was quiet. Slap had ears to hit cap. I was unhurt, and I felt a combination of fear and happiness, but I was also annoyed and pissed off about that Lamborghini was broken, he says.

"Life is fragile"

- The first I called my wife Therese. She did not reply, so I sent a text to her and said that I had been in a car accident. She called back five minutes later and was very sorry. Life is really fragile. Everything can change in a second.
A large portion of the section devoted to the daughter Charlise Lundqvist - who was born exactly one year before the section is sent.
Lundqvist starts to tell me that he had long hesitated whether he wanted to have children.
- I've never been someone who loves children. Strollers and baby cry has never appealed to me. But I felt ready for a new chapter, he says.

"For my birthday girl"

And the first few weeks with Charlise was tough, admits 30-year-old.
- I did not understand what people were talking about, it would be so amazing. I walked around like a zombie and knew not what to do. One day, I rest my dog ​​Nova, but then when I stood in the elevator so I felt there was something missing. I could not understand what it was, but I came up with it: "I had forgotten the dog," he says.
But then grew parental love forward with rapid pace. And Lundqvist demonstrates this by playing "My Hero" by Foo Fighters, dedicated Charlise.
- The next song is for my birthday girl. I can not write my own songs, but if I could have had it might have been something in this style, he says.








http://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey/nhl/lundqvist-firar-sin-dotter-i-sommar-i-p1/



No comments:

Post a Comment