Search This Blog

Monday, August 15, 2016

New Henrik Lundqvist Podcast

ShareThis

All achievements have made Henrik Lundqvist, one of the biggest sporting celebrities with a high recognition factor.

- Of course it changed in the eleven years I have been in the NHL. Social media and selfies were not before. Then somebody came up and someone asked, a little timidly, for an autograph. Today, the images that apply.

How do you handle it?
- As much as possible so I set up. When people are happy, then you want to bid for. I remember how I felt when I wanted to go to a famous person, and I had not the courage indeed.
- When it takes a lot of time away from my family or friends, I am more withdrawn. I think it's difficult when family members have to stand and wait for the shots.

What is the funniest selfien you experienced?
- I laugh at certain situations when it becomes large crowds.

What does the eldest daughter of your selfies?
- She's trying to understand. And she asked why everyone wants to take pictures. First, I joked and said they wanted to take pictures just because I am such a good father. But the missus thought I would be honest and I told her that I'm a hockey player.

Did she?
- Do not know. It is perhaps a bit blurry for her, but she begins to connect different parts. She has been to games and screamed as a supporter. She starts to connect New York and the father works.


Click here to listen to the podcast.


All careers have a start.
A successful one.
Or a less successful.

For Tre Kronor star goalie Henrik Lundqvist was the start of his career special. He grew up in the small Järpen in Jämtland and the small village hockey culture or tradition is not among the strongest.

- Me and my brother loved to skate. First, in kindergarten, then Lake Åre. We took turns to be goalkeepers and I was so fascinated with having great protection on me. Pekka Lindmark was great at the time, and he became my idol.
- And at the same time when we grew up they built an ice rink in Järpen and when Dad tweaked so that we had to go indoors so it was awesome.

Eurogoals met Henrik Lundqvist, in an interview series for the World Cup, and it is in the podcast as Lundqvist talks about his little different upbringing in Järpen.

- Järpen started a team at the same time as me and Joel had reached Bjorn Liga age. The first games were tough, the other teams had been training so much more than we did.

How was the first game?

- It was against Östersunds IK. We lost the game 0-19 and the two we lost against Hackås 2-12. There were no super results. But some stuff worked, says Lundqvist, laughing.
Many had probably faked an injury or stopped by these results!
- The important thing for a goalkeeper is to make a good analysis and not take on too much of the loss. 0-19 was obviously not just my fault. And I thought it was so fun. It was not on the map to stop.

Then it went quickly Lundqvist.
A year later, he trained with Järpens the A team.
- I was only ten years old. Do not know why I got into the training. Perhaps it was that they lacked a goalkeeper. I remember that the shots hurt. The guards were perhaps not as good in the day and then they pushed hard, remember


http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/article23306987.ab
http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/article23306991.ab

No comments:

Post a Comment