The summer heat has come back to Gothenburg. Outside Frölundaborg burning sun, but that's not why Henrik Lundqvist is soaked with sweat. Dallas Star John Klingberg extends his right hand in the air as he put a puck in the net and Lundqvist grunts and control quickly a new exercise.
On the ice abuzz NHL MVP.
Viktor Stalberg played last season together Lundqvist in New York, but moved to the Carolina Hurricanes. He is with Henrik to ensure that the country's best goalkeeper get the training needed to be on top right before the World Cup in Toronto.
Stalberg has won the Stanley Cup, the title Henrik Lundqvist chased most recent years. Store hill Viktor Svedberg played certainly not one minute when the Chicago Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup a couple of seasons ago, but was included in the team and also he mästarring finger.
- I've been in training earlier in the summer, but it was also due to that we went out early with the Rangers, Lundqvist says.
Is it more difficult to bring the body as 34-year-old?
- So far, it does not feel so. We'll see in a few years, laughing Lundqvist.
We are there when he was running for phys ispasset. He put on 100 kg and creams the last out of the legs, to combine with a scroll wheel for bålmuskulaturen.
- If I had not driven it in a while, I get sore. It becomes so when you held up for a month, recognizing Henry as he rolls out far into the painful nasty magövningen.
Otherwise, his body is really good, especially when you compare with his brother Joel - who had fractures in his back, elbows that will not heal ...
- ... And cheek bones. RIB. Feet. Happens. He has had some stuff. He has been the war hell! I feel really good, says Henrik.
The summer has been intense. Visits to both Monte Carlo F1 races and Wimbledon Tennis is has been combined with vacation trips to Spain and Italy and a prize from Crown Princess Victoria. When Henry and the family has not been home in Onsala, ie.
- Everything has been fun in its own way! It's all about different experiences and we had great fun on all trips. I take it for a season. There are memories of family and best friends. I'm so much more relaxed, so it is easier to absorb than during a busy season.
A proper filling, then?
- Yes, it is an energy refill. It really is. And it is needed, says Henrik and goes down deep into benövningen.
His team's biggest change is that Derick Brassard was traded for Swede Mika Zibanejad from Ottawa Sena Thu.
- We need more consistency. The whole year was up and down, so it was like punishing us, analyzing Henry.
There was talk all about that you'd traded from New York?
- Ah. There were people who came up to me in New York and even asked. It was a columnist who wrote that it was a team that was looking goalkeeper and it was time to make a move. There was no truth in it. It becomes so easy with social media. Someone writes, then spread it - and then built it.
Lundqvist stops in magövningen.
- I really hope that I run the course in New York. The goal is five more seasons, it's my contract - and I want to pursue. It takes a lot of me all the time.
Think you'll ever win the Stanley Cup with the Rangers?
- Ha, that I had to believe! But it is very difficult - and now expanded the league with a team of ... there are many who fight for it. We have been on the right track for several years, although we took a step back last season.
Today Henrik Lundqvist takes the first sod for the expansion of the Ronald McDonald House up at Eastern Hospital. He makes it as one of the largest donors to his foundation Henrik Lundqvist, who for the second year in a row donated a large sum. This time, it is nearly 700 000 ...