Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Henrik Lundqvist Post-Game Video Interview

ShareThis




- Henrik Lundqvist won his 30th game of the season, stopping all 13 shots faced to post his league-leading, eighth shutout of the season, and 43rd of his career. He became the fourth goalie in NHL history to post 30+ wins in seven or more consecutive seasons, joining Tony Esposito (7 from 1969-70 to 1975-76), Patrick Roy (8 from 1995-96 to 2002-03) and Martin Brodeur (12 from 1995-96 to 2007-08). He also increased his own NHL record of most 30+ win seasons to begin his career.


- Lundqvist improved to 30-12-4 overall, including a 16-6-2 mark at home this season. He is now 10-2-0 with a 1.24 goals against average, .952 save percentage and four shutouts in his last 12 games. He has posted five shutouts in his last 14 games, has allowed one goal or less in 13 of his last 26 games, and has held opponents to two or fewer goals in 34 games this season.


- Henrik Lundqvist has faced-off against Martin Brodeur in 33 career regular season games, posting a record of 22-6-5 with a 1.72 GAA, .936 Sv% and five shutouts over the span.




Henrik Lundqvist on winning 30 games in seven straight seasons:


“I remember my first year it was a big deal to reach thirty wins, and now it’s the seventh straight year to reach it, obviously it means a lot to me. It means that things have been going well but it also means that I play for a club that’s given me the opportunity to play a lot. I have a pretty good team in front of me as well. But I’m happy that I reached it again, and you always want to improve from each year. You want to get better; so far this year it’s been a good ride.”





No comments:

Post a Comment