Search This Blog

Monday, February 3, 2020

Henrik Lundqvist Felt Strong Kobe Bryant Connection

ShareThis




Henrik Lundqvist never met Kobe Bryant, but the 37-year-old Swedish netminder told The Post he was still feeling the effects on Thursday of the 41-year-old Lakers legend’s death in Sunday’s helicopter crash in Los Angeles that claimed nine lives.

“I can’t tell you exactly why. I was trying to figure that out myself when I was talking to a friend of mine about that this morning,” said Lundqvist, who posted a tweet in Bryant’s honor shortly after the news broke on Sunday. “I think the answer is that I see the qualities in him as a competitor and his work ethic that I identify with, and I think a lot of professional athletes feel that way.”

“I can count on one hand the players in other sports I’ve made a point to watch from afar over the last 10 or 15 years, and Kobe is one of them. It was him as a competitor, the way he carried himself and obviously what he accomplished. I admired that.

“I’m not a huge basketball fan, but he had so much impact away from the court in so many different areas. You can see how much he meant to so many people and how much this has affected people. He was special.”







https://nypost.com/2020/01/31/henrik-lundqvist-felt-strong-kobe-bryant-connection-competitor/




No comments:

Post a Comment