Search This Blog

Saturday, September 29, 2018

New Henrik Lundqvist Cafe Magazine Interview

ShareThis






Name: Björn Henrik Lundqvist.
Born: March 2, 1982.
Family: Married to Therese and have children Charlise, 6, and Juli, 3.
Career: Started the hockey career in Järpens IF and made Elitseriedebut 18 years old for Frölunda before moving to New York for 2005 with Rangers. Has won SM (2005 and 2003), OS (2006) and World Cup (2017).
Current with: Watches the posts in Rangers box in their 14th NHL season.

If your children want to be elite riders - what advice would you give them?

- Rather, take a dream than a goal. There will be a significantly higher pressure on you if you set too sharp goals. I think many people go too far, telling themselves and their surroundings that this has to happen. Then it will be difficult with adversities on the road. Is it a dream you believe in, is it a more forgiving, more positive charge? 

What did you get for the advice of your parents?

- Dream big and see yourself succeed. And that you are going to work hard - nothing will happen automatically.

Are you feeling like being a hockey-and-mode icon?

- No, I'm not measured. Maybe because I do not see myself as a fashion person. I have my style, it's a personal expression. I had a period when I was younger when I tested more. Today, I'm not hitting trends as fast, but at the same time try not to get stuck in the old one.

Today you have a more relaxed style. Are you starting to get dressed?

- No, I still like dressed. It's a big part of my life, I do not think it's hard. Some can not wait a second to get rid of the suit - I'm not. My style may vary more.

You have a huge watch (Tag Heuer), is there no limit to how big they may be?

"Right now I have a big bell but I really like a bit of smaller watches so that the shirt screen comes over. It feels more elegant. I like when it's drag of racing and sports. Then I think it could be vintage. I'm not 25 years anymore, haha.

You are part of and finances care for severely ill children. How does it feel?

- It's incredible. Most rewarding is when we go to New York Presbyterian Hospital every Christmas. We visit children so sick that they can not get home at Christmas. It will be a good mindset. When we leave home, the thoughts follow: imagine what happens to my children. It gives perspective, it enriches my life. I know that what we do means so much to the children and their parents.

 What happens if you as a top athlete have a tough period in life?

"As a goalkeeper, it is much more a mental game than in other positions. It is true that you have a clean head when you go to match. If there is anything that affects you next to the plan, it will sooner or later affect your game on the ice.

Who do you talk to when life goes up and down?

"I have been able to talk to my family. And I have a good relationship with my goalkeeping coach. Sometimes it may also be useful to discuss with people who do not have any relation to hockey at all.

Is it ok to feel weak in your position?

"Yes, that feeling comes sooner or later for anyone who is playing elite riders. And it's pretty black and white for me. You see when it's not going well. Then it's important to be honest when the question comes: "No, that's not right. Why is not that right? "And work from there, fix it. Is it mental, technical, physical or coordination? I have been working with the same goalkeeper coach for 13 years. He feels so well. He sees immediately when my game goes down. He analyzes and comes up with suggestions on how I can improve.

 In order to get into your comfort zone before the match, you keep your routines hard - in a way that borders superstititude. Same music, same way to put on the equipment, same nap before match. Why?

"I want to feel safe. I'm going to perform every other day for six months. I am under great pressure then, I handle a lot of emotion, nervousness. Then my routines work as a way to get into my comfort zone, which makes me relax. Some things have been added, some have disappeared over the years.

But the tuppis is left?

"Rest and nap is not just a routine, it's a must. We lose a lot of sleep at night, get up and work the next day or match closely. Then you have to go back to sleep to rest your body physically. Of our 20 guys, maybe 18 are taking a nap in the afternoon.

You are 36 years now. On the ice: what is the biggest difference on Henke today and Henke 2005?

- Not very big. I'm as passionate about it today as ten years ago. Become as happy if we win, just as disappointed when we lose. Love to compete and work out - looking forward to this season starting. My biggest change actually occurred in 2005 when I moved as a 23-year-old to NHL. Then I went from being aggressive in my game to playing deeper into the goal. It's my biggest change in my game of life.

How are you at your best?

- I'm on my toes but still lappnad. Aggressive but still focused. I have a good balance with everything. Reading the game well, do not get too keen. Awareness of what's happening alongside all the time. I make the right decision when I see things happen. I'm not locking in things, I'm cooler, making better balances.







https://www.cafe.se/jag-brinner-lika-mycket-for-hockey-i-dag-som-for-tio-ar-sen/

No comments:

Post a Comment