1. HE'S AN IDENTICAL TWIN. Lundqvist, 33, has an identical twin, Joel, who played 134 NHL games as a forward for the Dallas Stars. It was Joel who volunteered Henrik to play goalie in a youth league in their hometown of Are, Sweden (pop: 1,500). Henrik is a few minutes older than Joel.
2. HE'S A DAD. Lundqvist and his wife, Therese, have two daughters — Charlise, 2, and Juli, who was born last month. Henrik and Therese, in 2014, established the Henrik Lundqvist Foundation, which strives to create positive change in the lives of children and adults throughout the world through education, music, sports and health services. Lundqvist also has been the spokesman for the Garden of Dreams Foundation, also benefitting children, since 2009.
3. HE'S A DESIGNER/CREATOR/HOST. Lundqvist auctioned his mask from the 2012 Winter Classic — an outdoor win in Philadelphia in which he stopped a late-game penalty shot — and raised $37,000 for the Garden of Dreams. This season, he created and hosted an MSG Network TV show, "The Mask," in which celebrities designed masks he then wore in games. The masks are being auctioned off.
4. HE'S A GUITARIST. Lundqvist's passions include music. He and tennis legend John McEnroe play guitar in a band, "Noise Upstairs." He teamed up with McEnroe to create Rock of Dreams, a fundraiser featuring their band "Noise Upstairs," at the Canal Room to raise more than $60,000 for charity, including $48,000 for the Garden of Dreams Foundation. He collects guitars —his favorite is a Les Paul Special signed by the entire Rangers team in 2013-14, when he broke the franchise record for wins.
5. HE'S A FASHION PLATE. Lundqvist is known for his fashion. He was named to Vanity Fair's 2013 International Best Dressed List; named one of the most stylish New Yorkers by US Weekly; appeared in the "Ice Cold Killers" fashion feature in the November 2012 issue of Esquire; was awarded "Most Stylish Athlete" at the 2012 Style Awards during Mercedes Benz Fashion Week; was named to Page Six Magazine's "Best-Dressed of NYC Fashion Week" in September 2008; and was named one of People Magazine's "100 Most Beautiful People."
Source: New York Rangers