Search This Blog

Monday, April 4, 2011

Post-Game Notes & Reaction

ShareThis * Henrik Lundqvist made 32 saves through regulation and overtime, and stopped two of two shootout attempts to improve to 34-26-5 overall with a 20-13-1 mark on the road. He is 9-3-1 with a 1.97 GAA, .935 Sv% and three shutouts in the last 13 games, and is 16-8-2 with a 1.91 GAA, a .947 Sv% and six shutouts when facing 30+ shots. Lundqvist improved his career shootout record to 37-24 with a .768 save percentage (182 saves on 237 shootout attempts), and is 7-3 in shootouts this season.





“Oh yeah, it did enter my mind, and I had a little flashback there waiting for the shootout,” said Lundqvist, who made 32 saves during regulation and overtime, and stopped both shots he faced during the shootout. “But I think I learned a little bit from last year, so I tried to stay in the moment and be focused on what I have to do and not on the consequences. Last year I was thinking too much about if I don’t make the save then we are out (of the playoffs). Now it was just make the save.”

“It’s always a great feeling to come in here and win,” said Lundqvist. “Plus there was a lot of pressure on all of us today to respond in a good way, which we did. Now we’ll enjoy it going back to New York and then get ready to do it again against Boston (Monday).”


http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=558153&navid=DL|NYR|home

No comments:

Post a Comment